Pulmonary arterial Hypertension (PAH), refers to a condition in which the blood pressure in your arteries, which supply blood to your lungs via your heart, is too high. Your heart must work harder to pump blood into your lungs when the arteries narrow.
Sildenafil Citrate(Cenforce 200) relaxes blood vessels by relaxing the muscles that line the walls of the arteries. This lowers blood pressure and allows blood flow to be more freely through the arteries. This increases blood supply to your lungs, which in turn improves your ability for physical activity. A specialist doctor will prescribe Sildenafil to you.
Viagra(r), a different brand of sildenafil(Super P Force), is also used for erectile dysfunction. You can also find more information in Sildenafil.
Before taking sildenafil for PAH
Certain medicines may not be suitable for certain people. It is essential that you consult your doctor before taking sildenafil.
- If you’re pregnant or nursing.
- If you have any other blood vessels or heart disease.
- Low blood pressure
- A condition that causes bleeding such as a stomach or intestinal ulcer.
- You have any type of disease, injury, or deformity in your penis.
- If you have sickle-cell disease.
- If you’ve ever been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer, or leukaemia.
- You are using or taking any other medications. This includes all medicines that you can buy without a prescription as well as herbal or complementary medicines. Your doctor should know if you’re using a nitrate medication to relieve angina or if your doctor is aware that you’re using a recreational drug known as a “popper” (or both).
- If you have ever experienced an allergic reaction to medicine.
How to take sildenafil for PAH
- Before you begin treatment, make sure you read the printed information leaflet of the manufacturer. Also, keep in mind any information that you were given by your hospital. You will find more information about Revatio(r) in the leaflet. It will also list all side effects that you might experience.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor to take sildenafil(Kamagra Gold 100). Adults should take one 20 mg tablet three days a week (6-8 hours apart). Your doctor will determine the right dose. You will be more likely to remember to take the tablet regularly if you take them at the same time each day.
- Take the tablet and drink water. Sildenafil can be taken before or after eating.
- You can always take the dose if you forget. You should take the right number of doses every day, but don’t take more than one dose at a time to make up for the missed dose.
- Sildenafil liquid medicine should be given to children by shaking the bottle before measuring the dose. To give the correct dosage, use the supplied oral dose syringe. Your pharmacy will have made the mixture when it was sent to you. Keep the bottle in a cool place. It will last for approximately four weeks.
Instructions for the use of Revatio(r), oral suspension, dosing syringe
- For at least 10 seconds, shake the bottle.
- Take off the cap and ensure that the plastic adaptor is securely inserted into the top of your open bottle.
- The tip of the dosing needle should be inserted into the adapter.
- Turn upside-down the bottle with the syringe attached.
- Gently lift the plunger from the syringe until the solution is filled to the mark that corresponds to your dose.
- Make sure you turn the bottle upside down again before removing the syringe.
- Place the tip of your syringe in your mouth (or that of your child) and push it gently until the liquid is released.
Get the best out of your treatment
- Keep your appointments with your doctor regular so that your progress can always be monitored.
- You should not consume grapefruit juice while taking sildenafil. Because sildenafil is found in grapefruit juice, a chemical in it is believed to increase blood levels. Side-effects are more likely to occur because of this.
- Every time you get a new supply from your pharmacy, make sure the tablets are the same as the ones you had previously. You may be able to use another brand of sildenafil tablets for different conditions. Ask your pharmacist for assistance if you have any questions about your supply.
- Sildenafil is a long-term treatment for PAH. Your doctor may advise you to stop taking the tablets. You should not stop treatment abruptly. Your doctor may recommend that you reduce the dose gradually if you are unable to continue taking sildenafil.
- Pregnancy can cause serious complications for women with pulmonary hypertension. Effective contraception must be used during sildenafil(Aurogra 100) treatment for women with childbearing potential. Talk to your doctor about the best contraceptive methods for you.
- It is crucial that you inform the doctor if you have to undergo an operation or any other type of medical treatment that sildenafil is being used.
- Always check with your pharmacist before you purchase any prescriptions ‘over-the-counter’.
Can sildenafil cause problems?
Although most medications have beneficial effects, side-effects can be unpleasant. However, not everyone will experience them. Below is a list of some of the most frequent side effects associated with sildenafil. The leaflet containing your medication will contain a complete list. Your body will often respond to the medicine in a way that is more comfortable. If you have any questions or concerns, talk with your pharmacist.